Finished all that I wanted to do.
Even made some softies for Haiti.
1. The Circles and Sunflowers quilt is all done, quilted, labeled, bound and washed. I have to say I LOVE IT! It was a hard quilt to do, especially the quilting, but it was well worth it.
Following are some more detail shots of the quilting, I did a lot of different quilting in each of the blocks.
When it came time to make the back...I decided to make a really Big String Block.
And of course a label too.
2. The Simple Thymes BOM is really easy to do.
3. I FINALLY got all those pesky threads cut from the 4 quilts! Yeah. The Folk Angel quilt will still need some embroidery embellishment, but that can wait till I'm in the mood.
4. I managed to do the micro stippling on 2 blocks from the Beyond the Color Purple quilt...it's moving along nicely.
5. I've been working on the Twiddletails Pinwheel Party blocks...all done to date. I'm liking the way these look, I've made small pinwheels where the blank color blocks are, as I may...or may not add them to my Star quilt.
6. Been also working (a lot) on the stars for my Star quilt...most are paper pieced. If I follow the original quilt there are 25 12" blocks and 45 6" blocks. I may combine with the Pinwheel Party blocks...can't decide just yet. They both look good to me.
7. Although I haven't sewn anything together on the Around the World Quilt Along Quilt, I did have them all layed out and decided on a black sashing with small multi color polka dots...didn't take a picture and now the stars and pinwheels are on my design FLOOR!
8. The labels are all made for the quilts that needed them.
9. I even made 15 little Sock Monkey Stuffies for Smiles for Children to be sent to Haiti.
I had my issues with the Jelly Roll Sampler...just wasn't able to use the Hello Betty jelly roll that I thought I loved. Just didn't care for the fabric. So I had my First giveaway! It was alot of fun. Grace (keepsewing) won...she lives in SINGAPORE!!! Couldn't be ANY further away from South Florida!!!
So, all in all, I'm happy as a clam with what I've been able to accomplish this month and hope that next month is nearly as productive. Thanks Charming Girls and Guys...I love having GOALS!
CLICK PICTURES TO ENLARGE
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE AND THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!