Friday, May 13, 2011

BLOGGERS QUILT FESTIVAL

Yeah...it's time once again for the Bloggers Quilt Festival...hosted by Amy. 

http://amyscreativeside.com/

 There are lots and lots of great prizes...Here's my offering...TOYLAND QUILT..

CLICK PICTURES ONCE AND THEN AGAIN TO ENLARGE !


This quilt is approximately 47"x65 1/2".
It was made several years ago...quite a complicated layout, for me.
But it went together beautifully.

Here are some  closeups.  All of the appliques are 'puffy'...like the trapunto.


I did cross hatching in the applique blocks.

And McTavishing in the triangular areas.


This quilt was one of the first, maybe it WAS the first, that I went all out with the quilting.  I learned a great deal with this quilt and it is one of my favorites.

Click on the button and go over to Amy's Creative Side to see all the wonderful quilts!

http://amyscreativeside.com/


Amy's Creative Side




Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

3 comments:

  1. It's so preciuos! I love the quilting work you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet quilt!! Fun prints you have chosen! TY for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt and beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so much fun to read comments...thanks for leaving one.