Friday, October 26, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival Entry-Seas the Day Doll Quilt

Wow...can't believe it's time again for the BLOGGER'S QUILT FESTIVAL hosted by Amy...

http://amyscreativeside.com/2012/10/26/bloggers-quilt-festival-fall-2012/


CLICK TO ENLARGE

I decided to enter my doll quilt, SEAS THE DAY, which was made for the August Doll Quilters Monthly Swap.

http://dollquilters.blogspot.com/


This was a fun little quilt to make...I had scraps of the 'fruit ladies' fabric and a little water scene scrap....so I fused and raw edge appliqued the ladies to the beach scene...then added a small yellow border and then a 2 inch blue check border....then just assembled the  palm tree and bits and pieces of rocks, crabs and shells.  I embroidered SEAS THE DAY and free motion quilted the water, around the ladies, the palm tree, rocks, etc.  I thought the quilt fit the theme of the month...Sunny and Warm quite well.  The quilt measures about 16" square.

Finished Quilt measures 16" x 16"

Quilted by Anita Amodeo

Techniques used, raw edge applique

Best Catagory, Doll quilt, Wall Hanging, Art Quilt


  Check it out!....Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. What a delightful little quilt -brings me a smile. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great - really caught my eye - love the title too! Thanks for sharing. #263

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sweet little doll quilt. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun. Great little quilt and the quote is marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun. Love the seas the day title.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun little quilt! Beautiful work! My mom lives in Naples and this just makes me want to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling and fun. You did a super job of putting this into a whimsical little quilt. Love it. Thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete

It's always so much fun to read comments...thanks for leaving one.