Wednesday, January 6, 2010

January Projects for Charming Girls and 2 WINS!

This month I hope to quilt a rather large (for me) quilt. Approx. 66"X77". I started it as a BOM back in 1998, finished the top in 2002. I did outline the blocks and labeled and bound it...but it was always lacking the 'quilting'. In my pursuit of getting my UFO's done...I cross hatched the background of one of the blocks. Looks pretty good, even if I do so say myself. So I will continue with the other 11 blocks...and the sashings and border. This will be quite a project as the 'quilting' part is always the hardest for me. Above is a picture with the cross hatching and without it...quite a difference! You can click on the picture to get up close.
My 2nd project for CG is a free BOM that I just found...cute block. It is from http://ajpadilla.com/patterns/bom/simple-thymes and it has just started this month. Not too big of a project...24x24 I think. Angie's Bits and Pieces specializes in 'whimsy'...which I LOVE!

My 3rd project is to do the buttonhole stitch around my folk angel baby quilt, that I have had following me now for months...but if I can move along as I plan, I may even be able to quilt it.
I do have a 4th project...it will carry on for a month or so though. The Old Red Barn quilt along round 4....Circles and Curves. I need to pull my fabric (batiks) and make some of the crazy 9 patch blocks...maybe some strings too, if I have the time.......and energy.
*******************************************************************
TWO GIVEAWAY WINS
I won 2 giveaways last month....would you bellieve it!!!
The first was from Charming Girls...I won a wonderful WHIMSY jellyroll. Thanks Kelly
The other win is from the Holly Jolly Blog Bingo at THE QUILT SHOPPE... and would you believe...the prize was a WHIMSY layer cake!!!! I just LOVE that fabric line...now to make something REALLY special with my precious winnings!!!



7 comments:

  1. your quilt looks beautiful - can't wait to see it quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita, I just found your blog :-) Be sure to post a picture when that lovely quilt is finished! I'll be following :-)

    Lisa in New England

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of nice projects planned. Love that quilt, and can't wait to see it all quilted. Congrats on your 2 wins -- hey, you got a Jelly Cake of Whimsy LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You also won some strings from me,to make a Heart Strings quilt top, if you want them...I e-mailed you, but did not hear from you yet. Maybe I sent it wrong? Have a super day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your projects and congrats on your wins! i just won a gift certificate from Kelly myself. Isn't she so generous?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, it seems like you are quite busy! I adore the tree/sheep block, it's so cute! Congratulations on winning the giveaways, I see these are not your first; you are very lucky:-)

    ReplyDelete

It's always so much fun to read comments...thanks for leaving one.