Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Charming Girls Quilt Along and Crazy Mom's Quilt Along



Well I did it...caught up with Charming Girls quilt along.  It's all done and sandwiched together...just needs quilting.

I made a boo boo though, I cut too many of the 4 piece strips...enough for about 10-15 blocks over.  So I had to use them in my border...but I don't think it mattered at all.  Looks good to me!

One thing...I have only just begun using pre cuts.  First was my Maypole layer cake for Kelly's first quilt along and then the charm packs for this one.  I think that, in the future, I will use those in larger blocks...I hate loosing the big floral prints by cutting them so small!



See those 2" square strips in the above photo?  They were supposed to be for my Stars quilt...but I decided to make the quilt alot smaller and now they would be much too wide of a border.  So I took them apart and am going to use these batiks instead of the Eden layer cake I originally planned on doing for CrazyMom's Quilt Along.  I need to cut the background today for this quilt along, then sew the blocks.  Not to worry, though, since I am not making a big quilt, I decided to make a table topper instead...have just enough of the batiks cut to make it.

So....catching up wasn't so hard to do!

More later, thanks for taking the time to visit!




9 comments:

  1. Love it - I hope you enjoyed making it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt. I think it's good you cut too many because I really like the border on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt top! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quiltalong quilt. It was my first time using a charm pack!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope there is more later...love what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing your sandwich has inspired me to get the lead out!

    It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours in your top! well I should say tops :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The top looks great- sometimes an "oops!" is the perfect thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Quilt Along top - SO CUTE! And, your star quilt is amazing. Can't wait to see your other quilt along quilt, too! Nice job catching up!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so much fun to read comments...thanks for leaving one.